Flussssh it away! Terrifying moment man spots a COBRA slithering into his toilet bowl
- Ray Sopha had been about to use the toilet at his home in Pailin, Cambodia
- The homeowner initially thought that the previous user had not flushed properly
- But he quickly realised that there was actually a venomous snake lying in wait
A Cambodian man had a very close call when he spotted a cobra lurking in his toilet just as he was about to use it.
Ray Sopha initially thought that the previous user had not flushed the toilet properly at his home in the village of Phsar Prom, Pailin.
However he quickly realised it was actually a venomous snake lying in wait.
In the terrifying clip, recorded on March 3, water can be seen spinning round the toilet bowl after Ray uses the flush.
But as it ebbs away the snake’s head suddenly appears and it can be seen repeatedly flicking out its tongue.
There is a brief pause while the cobra remains completely still but then seems to spot Ray and wriggles further toward the surface.
It breaks through the water as Ray and his friend can be heard in the background weighing up their options.
Ray Sopha had been about to use the toilet at his home in the village of Phsar Prom in Pailin, Cambodia, when he spotted something in the water
Ray rushed outside to call for help before some relatives agreed to help extract the animal.
But, after they returned, the cobra was nowhere to be seen despite a thorough search inside the house.
The homeowner said he and his family have not used the toilet since.
He also placed a cover over the top of the bowl and drained the water in a bid to stop the reptile returning.
He said: ‘We’ve been using the other toilet in the house for the last week. We’re not going back into that bathroom until we’re sure the snake will not return.
‘I’m relieved that I noticed the creature before I sat on the toilet.
‘I’ve only seen such things happening on TV, I never thought it would happen to me in real life.’
The cobra remained completely still but spotted Ray and wriggled further toward the surface
There have previously been several reports of snakes attacking people using the toilet.
Last year, a woman had to be rushed to hospital after a 7-foot python bit her on the bottom as she sat on the loo.
Boonsong Plaikaew, 54, was about to finish using the toilet at her home in Samut Prakan, central Thailand, when she felt a searing pain.
Blood gushed through her legs and underwear before the snake bit her again on the finger.
She was able to pull the python off her fingers and raise the alarm before her husband locked the bathroom door and called animal rescuers.
Paramedics arrived and rushed Mrs Plaikaew to hospital to be treated.
She was eventually allowed to go home after having a health check up since the snake was not venomous but was given a course of antibiotics.
Similarly, 18-year-old Siraphop Masukarat was rushed to the hospital after a python bit his penis as he sat on the toilet at his home in Nonthaburi, central Thailand, around 13 miles north of Bangkok.
The teenager looked down and saw the python with its jaws clamped around the tip of his penis. It quickly let go as blood spurted around the toilet bowl.
His panic-stricken mother calmed him down before paramedics rushed the young man to the nearby Bang Yai Hospital to have his wounded manhood treated.
Doctors gave him three stitches in the glands at the tip of the penis and treated the bite wound with antibiotic wash to kill any bacteria from the python’s fangs.
Join our social media accounts to watch exclusive videos and photos