MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has pulled the company’s ads from Fox News after he the network refused to run a commercial that has been linked to claims of 2020 voter fraud.
Lindell, 60, told the Wall Street Journal that he asked Fox News to run a commercial promoting his cyber symposium which he plans to live stream next month.
The staunch Trump ally told the outlet that the commercial wouldn’t specifically mention claims of election fraud. However, he said the symposium ‘will prove the 2020 election was stolen’ from then-President Donald Trump.
Fox News confirmed to DailyMail.com that the network had refused to run the commercial.
‘It’s unfortunate Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his commercial time on FOX News given the level of success he’s experienced in building his brand through advertising on the number one cable news network,’ a FOX News spokesperson told DailyMail.com.
Advertisements for MyPillow were still running on Fox News as of late Thursday night. It was not immediately clear when the ads will stop running.
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has pulled the company’s ads from Fox News after he the network refused to run a commercial that has been linked to claims of 2020 voter fraud
Lindell, right, said he asked Fox News to run a commercial promoting his cyber symposium
Lindell, right, has continued to spread conspiracy theories alleging that Dominion Voting Systems, which makes voting machines, flipped the results of the 2020 presidential election from Donald Trump, left, to Biden
MyPillow is among Fox News’s largest advertisers – and spent almost $50 million on Fox News in 2020, the Wall Street Journal reported. Lindell told the outlet that, so far, the company has dropped $19 million to air commercials on the network this year.
DailyMail.com has reached out to MyPillow for more information and additional comment.
Even after numerous recounts and elections audits called for by Republicans, President Joe Biden clearly won the 2020 presidential election.
A slurry of lawsuits filed by Trump and those loyal to him after the November election have also been thrown out of courts with claims they lacked merit.
Election officials nationwide, as well as security experts, have repeatedly noted that there is no proof of widespread election fraud.
Still, Lindell has continued to spread conspiracy theories alleging that Dominion Voting Systems, which makes voting machines, flipped the results of the 2020 presidential election from Trump to Biden.
Dominion filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow.
Lindell then counter-sued Dominion for $1.6 billion, while doubling down on his claims of voter fraud.
The MyPillow CEO said on his website that the ‘nonstop’ 72-hour cyber symposium will be held live on August 10 at frankspeech.com.
‘Most people are aware that Mike Lindell has ruffled a few feathers. After all, actively questioning the 2020 election results is a serious point of contention,’ the site reads.
‘Now with a billion-dollar lawsuit with Dominion and millions lost from big name companies pulling his pillows, Mike Lindell has prepared for battle.’
The site continued: ‘Between the release of hot-button documentaries that expose the problems with the results and gathering information, Mike Lindell is ready to begin his showdown.’
‘For opposing the results, the Democratic Party and other dissenters have mocked this effort. Most of all, saying that this data does not exist. However, Mike Lindell is willing to put his money where his mouth is with this upcoming Cyber Symposium!’
Dominion filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow
The MyPillow CEO said on his website that the ‘nonstop’ 72-hour cyber symposium will be held live on August 10 at frankspeech.com
The website added that the symposium is a ‘private event’ and that Lindell ‘will be revealing cyber data and packet captures from the 2020 November Election.’
He also said he would provide a $5 million reward for anyone who is able to ‘find proof that this cyber data is not valid data.’
Dominion, as well as Smartmatic USA, has filed lawsuits against Fox News claiming the network’s hosts and guests made defamatory comments about their voting machines.
Fox News has claimed the statements statements made by its hosts and guests are protected by the First Amendment and has moved to dismiss the lawsuits.