Suspect in North Hollywood anti-Asian attack is arrested


A man suspected in an anti-Asian attack on a Filipino family in North Hollywood last month is back in custody in Los Angeles County after he failed to appear for arraignment, authorities said Wednesday.

Nicholas Weber, 31, was detained by police after the May 13 attack and issued a citation with instructions to appear in court June 8.

But Weber did not show up.

He was charged with felony battery causing serious bodily injury and misdemeanor battery. Both counts also carried hate crime enhancements, court records show.

Weber was arrested this week “for an unrelated matter in Orange County and held on the warrant,” the L.A. County district attorney’s office said Wednesday.

Ricardo Santiago, a district attorney’s office spokesperson, said Costa Mesa police took Weber into custody…



Read the Full Article Here latimes

Join our social media accounts to watch exclusive videos and photos

Written by Bourbiza Mohamed

A technology enthusiast and a passionate writer in the field of information technology, cyber security, and blockchain

Prince Charles visits Rwandan Genocide memorial in Kigali

New York Yankees slugger Aaron Judge smashes league-leading 26th home run