NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Firefighters in Arizona rescued a dog that overheated while on a hike with its owner on Wednesday afternoon, officials said.
The heat became too much for the 125-pound German shepherd named Diego when his owner and another pup were about three-quarters from the Tom’s Thumb Trailhead around 1:30 p.m. in Scottsdale, the Scottsdale Fire Department said.
First responders met the owner on the trail and began to cool and rehydrate the dog.
Join our social media accounts to watch exclusive videos and photos